International Shipping Administrator
A newly created role within a growing family run business!
The International Shipments Administrator will require stamina and have confidence. A consistent approach is required, the work will be fast paced. Due to its intricate nature, it demands composure and attention to detail.
You will need to think on your feet, be able to problem solve and be a solutions’ driven person.
You will be an integral person in the Operations Team, you will be part of that supporting infrastructure which is crucial for the smooth running of the business.
You will be well versed at working alongside all departments and levels in a business.
You will already have experience in shipping, or you will have strong experience in administration with the aspirations to learn more and make a career in international logistics.
You want to be that important cog, delivering great service to your internal and external customers alike.
- To support each sales territory expediting the delivery of customer orders from initial purchase order to the factory to final dispatch, on time and in full.
- Receive, check, and process factory shipping documents (in English) for shipments to UK and ROW.
- Receive data reports from factories, log shipping container numbers, vessel names etc against the internal system.
- Create and send customer invoices and ensure shipping documentation is compliant.
- Process shipping documentation within the internal system.
- Be confident to use various retailer web portals such as Amazon Vendor Central to enter invoices and shipping documentation for payment.
- To be confident and have a good level of written English when using Microsoft Outlook as your main avenue of communication with customers and suppliers.
- You will be a whizz at problem solving, enjoy investigating anomalies and be able to resolve them to a satisfactory outcome and report findings to your peers.
- Work alongside the UK warehouse to ensure freight forwarder bookings are made for domestic orders.
- Be experienced in export paperwork or have a keen interest to learn – Commercial Invoices, Packing Lists, Declarations of Origin, Certificates of Origin, Letters of Credit. etc.
- To have a keen interest and experience in Export and/or Logistics.
- An eye for detail is required, the need to be inquisitive and be confident to ask questions.
- An ability to use your initiative, ‘think on your feet’.
- Significant administration experience.
- Excellent ability to work with external and internal customers.
- Proven ability to work to a high standard under pressure.
- The ability to pick up tasks quickly and build strong working relationships with peers and suppliers.
- Good IT skills including excellent proficiency in MS Office, specifically, Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Excellent attention to detail with good numeracy, literacy, and organisational skills.
- A highly professional approach, the ability to work well in a team and solo.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Able to take instruction, then interpret and implement accurately.
- Knowledge of Sage software preferred but not essential.
Salary is a negotiable £18-21k dependant on experience.
Core hours are Monday – Friday 08.00am – 4.00pm.
Flexibility in peak season is required.