casdon_logo  


only search Casdon Toys

  inventors_of_fun_play
Home | About Us | Distributors | Retailers | Contact Us   | Licensed Products | Miniature Toys | Educational Toys | Toys for Toddlers | Toys for Kids 5+
 
 

Toy Ranges
Little Helper

Little Cook
Little Shopper
Little Driver
Little Artist
Little Ones
Baby Huggles
Trade Site



Meet the teamCasdon Toys manufacturing since 1946.


1944
Tom Cassidy worked throughout the war as a toolmaker, hand engraver and die sinker, latterly in Blackpool, and consequently did not serve in the Armed Forces. In his spare time he raised capital by repairing household vacuum cleaners, and on 16 September 1944 he married Bridget Donnelly.

1945
Tom Cassidy built a shed at the rear of his mother's house in Blackpool where he made moulds to produce small articles of adornment for children and teenagers in the shape of skating boots. 1946 In the early part of the year he left his "day job" as a toolmaker and became self- employed. On 8 June 1946 he began to record sales in his first ledger; this is available for inspection at the company.

1947
Tom purchased a semi-detached house in Blackpool and constructed larger premises at the back, from which modest expansion followed.

1949
Small premises were acquired on rental, 12 employees began to increase output and trading conditions improved.

  casdon shed - Tom Cassidy

Founder Tom Cassidy in first factory premises in 1948




Crack in door manufactured by present day Chairman on his tricycle!

cassidy brothers sign

toy trade fair harrogate

 

1950
Major expansion started. Purchase tax was dropped, so that products could be handled by the wholesale trade. Tom was joined in the partnership by his brother Joe. The trademark 'CASDON' was registered.

1954
The company moved to a larger premises.

1956
Cassidy Brothers became a limited company. A plot of land was purchased, where the factory remains sited today.

1957
The company premises were built and occupied.

1958
The tool making section of the company was separated from the fancy goods manufacturing and Joe Cassidy was appointed managing director to organise the steady development of this side of the business.

1959
The first toys were produced and exhibited at the Harrogate Toy Fair.


The company was firmly established with its products and gained acceptance at all levels of distribution. During this period the factory constantly enlarged and new and modern equipment was purchased.

1961
Cassidy Brothers showed their expanded range of toys at the Nuremberg Toy Fair. In the spring of 1961 Cassidy Brothers purchased a bungalow and adjacent land for £2,800, which later became part of the present factory.

1962-63
The increased range of toys saw landmark products such as the Jumbo Phone and Super Cash helping 'Casdon' become a household name. This was marked by the first consignment of 'Casdon' toys to America.

 

  Marshall Field US Order


Tom Cassidy Shopfloor 70's

 

1970's
From the beginning, the 'Casdon' brand gained widespread recognition for producing quality toys through a commitment to design and build quality.

1977-78
The quality of products was further aided by a considerable investment in the latest toolmaking technology and manufacturing techniques.


1980
The company began to utilise national and international names by marketing miniaturised and toy versions of household products. This strategy started to evolve in a more purposeful and dedicated manner.

1988
The company became a public limited company on 20th October.

1989
On 24th January, the company achieved a quotation on the USM of the London Stock Exchange.

 

  Shoplfloor 80's

Casdon Toys images from the past
a selection of photographs from the past, click thumbnail to enlarge...

  •    
  •    
  •    
  •    


    Over 65 years of Casdons Toys, click here to see a selection

    casdon_toys_past


    View Casdons catalogues past and present...


    casdon_catalogues

    Copyright © 2016 Casdon Toys Ltd. Website design by des1gns